Can you believe it’s almost time for summer? It seems as if this year has just flown by.
First of all, I want to say thank you to all our parents, students and teachers for an AMAZING year. We have the most wonderful community at Chapman’s Retreat and its because of each and every one of you.
The teachers & staff were so blown away this week by all of your generosity in providing special treats and meals for them each day. Thank you so much for helping to spoil them. We know how blessed we are to have such wonderful people taking care of our kids each day.
I wanted to just give a quick overview of some of the awesome things you guys have accomplished this year, and what that has meant for our school.
- $ 31,645.43 net income from Fun Run (That’s AFTER expenses!!)
- $10,039.50 raised from Cheetahfest & Silent Auction (AFTER expenses!)
- $ 1,271.19 net income from Santa Breakfast After Expenses
- $2025 raised from membership dues
- $ 2,477.45 raised from monthly spirit nights
- $ 4,616.07 from Kroger Rewards Program
- $17,225.00 for a new track!
- $23,597.97 for new chromebooks!
- $ 2,219.70 for Kindergarten Ipads
- $ 999.00 for a new Sound System for PE
- $486 on teacher professional development (with more planned for this summer)
- $ 569.96 on a drying rack for Art
- $ 544.50 for Time Magazines for Kids for 3rd Grade
- $ 192.98 on Solar Eclipse Glasses
- $ 1,012.49 on classroom cameras
- $ 2,910.16 on classroom teacher requests from Fun Run incentives
Every bit of this was accomplished because each and every one of you did your part and chipped in to give our kids the best education possible, so thank you for that.
Now as the year comes to an end, I want to introduce the amazing ladies who have stepped up to continue working hard every day for our students and staff. I am so pleased with this board and know that they will do an amazing job.
2018/19 PTO BOARD:
- Co-Presidents: Emily Denson and Tina Martini
- Vice President: Tiffany Woodard
- Treasurer: Erin Gribben
- Secretary: Stephanie Duhon
- Volunteer Coordinator: Jene Lely
These women will be working tirelessly for your kids next year, and I hope that you will remember that it is 100% a volunteer position that they do because they love our school and our community.
I have so enjoyed my time on the board for the last three years and am sad to say goodbye, but I know that the school is in amazing hands with these ladies. Emily, Tina and Erin have all been on the board this year and it has been an absolute honor to serve with them and I could not be leaving the board in more capable hands. Tiffany, Stephanie and Jene have volunteered in many capacities over the past year and are a wonderful addition to the team, and I can’t wait to see all the amazing things they accomplish.
I have to give a special shout out to my partner in crime and “work wife” Michelle Lindsey, who is also “retiring” along with me…at least for now. We’ve worked hand in hand for three years now and I cannot think of a better person to have spent a gazillion hours with. I’ll miss our Sam’s Club runs.
Have a great summer, Cheetahs!