On Wednesday, March 21 from 6-7:30pm the WCSlink Parents of Gifted will host Dr. Kristy Mall at the Williamson County Public Library in Franklin.
The topic will be Overexcitabilities in Gifted Students.
A little about Kristy:
* Fourth grade teacher at Discovery School in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Discovery School is a multiple award winning school for gifted and high achieving students and is part of the Murfreesboro City School System.
* Presents around the country about education, gifted, twice-exceptional, curriculum, social and emotional needs, robotics, and other pertinent issues in education.
* On the board for the Tennessee Association for the Gifted and the Parent Advisory Board for the National Association for Gifted Children.
* Extensive training in gifted education and earned that employment standard in 2001, also extensive training in autism and in twice exceptional children.
* 2017 Distinguished Teacher, 2014-2015 Tennessee Gifted Ed Teacher of the Year, and a 2014 Ruthies Finalist for Favorite Teacher of Rutherford County!
* SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted – an international support group for parents of gifted and gifted students) liaison for the state of Tennessee and serves on several committees for the National Association for Gifted Children.
* Former Tennessee Teacher of the Year finalist, Tennessee Outstanding Young Educator, and Tennessee Association for the Gifted Horizon Award Winner.
* Consultant for Scholastic Inc., works with Vanderbilt University’s SAVY program teaching gifted children, and presents at conferences at the National, State, and local levels.
*Loves to travel and and has been to 4 continents so far, was even born in Africa! Has taken students to Turkey for Space Camp, taught classes and traveled with students in China, and has had all sorts of wonderful adventures in life.
Looking forward to seeing many of you soon,
WCSlink Gifted, Co-Chair
Tennessee Association for the Gifted, Parent Liaison