This year’s back to school bash will be on Monday, August 3 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
We are excited to have three local food trucks joining us for the event. We welcome Moe Better BBQ, Tchoupitoulas Street Snoballs and Itty Bitty Donuts.
There will be a change this year to how you find out your child’s class assignment. Instead of class lists being posted, there will be tables set up organized alphabetically by last name. At the table, you will receive a card with your child’s teacher(s) listed, along with a photo of the teacher and his/her room number. You will not receive a full list of other students in your child’s classroom.
There will also be lots of other tables full of information that will be useful to you as we kick off the school year. These tables include:
- PTO Membership booth – Meet your new PTO board and sign up for membership.
- Check out and purchase school spirit wear.
- Find out information about PTO volunteer opportunities
- Information on local Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops.
- A table to pick up your child’s TCAP scores from last year.
- Registering for the school year, if you haven’t done so already.
- Cafeteria information, including info on free/reduced lunch and the online payment system.
- A table where you can pay class fees for the school year
- Help with Skyward / Family Access and signing up for the WCS InFocus Newsletter
- Information on SACC – School Aged Child Care for before and after school.
- Transportation information for the year, including bus route info and car rider info.
- Information on various clubs available to your child during the school year.
- Information about the Grey Ghost 5K
Please share this post with any friends who have children attending Chapmans Retreat. We look forward to seeing all of you there!
If you haven’t already, be sure to join the PTO and follow us on Facebook.